Masterhead

Thank you for visiting pittsburg.gate2bay.com. Fill in the form below:

Name/Corp.:

E-mail:

Subject:

Message:

Twice-Told Tales: Brentwood forms a dog pound in 1955

Published Feb 10

Brentwood gets city’s first dog pound: In early Feb of 1955, the Brentwood City Council answered the dog question, by approving plans to erect the city’s first dog pound, pending approval from the city’s sanitary district board.

The idea to create a dog pound was inspired in part by a report from Police Chief Worden, who told the council that more than 75 dogs had been found, for whom no one would claim ownership. The council approved $500 for the purchase of a truck that could be used to collect dogs, and for an adequate pound.


In February of 1990, the city of Pittsburg officially failed in its attempts to block a new garbage dump in Keller Canyon, when a judge ruled to allow hearings for the proposed dump to go ahead.

Read more at
Contracostatimes

google-468x60a

Share This Post

DeliciousDiggGoogleStumbleuponRedditTechnoratiYahooBloggerMyspaceRSS

selfad-writeart-b